WHERE: ELDORADO, VICTORIA, AUSTRALIA
WHEN: Saturday 4th May – FESTIVAL DAY & Sunday 5th May for additional workshops (no festival).
Whether you’re someone who wants to sell everything you own and live in the bush, upgrade your house to solar, buy a farm and become self-sufficient, downscale to a low-impact lifestyle, learn new handcrafts and specialty skills, grow your own food, reconnect with nature, build your own natural home, quench your curiosity about off-grid living or simply have a fun day out with the whole family – there’s something at the festival for you.
Off-Grid Living covers a huge array of topics and lifestyles and this festival will open your eyes to them all, from sustainable retrofitting to re-wilding and everything in between. You will leave the festival feeling uplifted and inspired to make positive changes in your life, and with a few new tricks up your sleeve by getting involved in the interactive activities and workshops throughout the day. Learn new skills, discover tools from past and present, explore innovative new products and be part of a like-minded community who thrive off-grid. There will be so much to see and do, be sure to arrive early as this will be a FULL day of activities, demonstrations, short talks, market stalls and unique off-grid foods & entertainment.
The festival will celebrate 8 focus topics including:
- Bush Craft: Rewilding, nature connection, survival skills.
- Homesteading: Mending, making, preserving, cooking, fermenting
- Alternative farming: Permaculture, small holdings, animal care, gardening, land planning, smart water use.
- Sustainable Energy: Alternative technologies, solar, wind & hydro power, generators and pumps.
- Hand Crafts & Tools: Traditional crafts, leatherworks, woodwork, black smithing, shoe making, furniture making, up-cycling.
- Natural Building: Mud, straw, wood, stone, lime, hemp, timber
- Health & Wellbeing: Nourishment, nutrition, self-care, remedies, practices, treats, wholefoods and happiness.
- Community Living: Skill sharing, discussions, communal areas and like-minded new friends
See more here: What’s On
2019 Festival Tickets on sale soon.
Festival date – Saturday 4th May 2019. Gates open 9am – 5pm
Extended workshop day: Sunday 5th May 2019 – see workshops page for more information.
Parking: Onsite parking available for gold coin donation to our local CFA (Fire Brigade) who will be volunteering their time on the day.