LOCATION: Centennial Park, Eldorado, (Giant Grass Stall Site)
TIME: 10am – 4pm
PRICE: $129.00, book pre-paid online or visit Giant Grass at the festival on Saturday to buy tickets (if not sold out).
HOST: Munir Vahanvati, Giant Grass Design
Come and learn about building with bamboo in this 1 day hands-on workshop. During the workshop you will develop an understanding of bamboo as a construction material and get hands-on experience building some structures ranging from a basic truss to advanced geometric forms.
The workshop caters for all level of skill and age groups ranging from beginner to advanced.
The workshop will cover following topics along –
- Bamboo species and its uses
- Various bamboo preservation techniques
- Various types of bamboo connections including bolting, lashing, etc.
- Principles of building with bamboo
- Various bamboo building techniques like cutting, drilling and splitting bamboo.
Munir Vahanvati, Giant Grass.
Architect and designer with a passion for sustainability, good design and the environment.
Munir has been designing and building with bamboo for more than 13 years and has taught extensively in Australia and overseas.
He has presented presented at various international conferences and is currently Vice President of the Bamboo Society of Australia and World Bamboo Ambassador for World Bamboo Organisation.
What to bring:
- Water bottle
- Sturdy shoes (no open footwear please)
- Cordless drill (if you have one)
Note: Participants are encouraged to attend the FREE talk & demonstration on Sat 4th May as this workshop will build on the information provided during the talk.