LOCATION: Inside the Hall at Centennial Park. (See First-Aid location on the Site Plan)
Session 1 – 12.00 – 1.30pm
Session.2 – 2.30pm – 4.00pm
PRICE: $40.00 / $30 Concession. This workshop must be book pre-paid online.
HOST: Rachel Goldlust, Off-Grid PhD Candidate and Natural Building Practitioner.
This is an interactive and creative workshop that will delve into your ideas and dreams about off-grid living and self-sufficiency and look at many elements in practice, with real life examples and plenty of fantastic advice to help you on your journey.
Participants supplied with butcher’s paper, pens, magazines and a series of modules to begin to dream and create their ideal self-sufficient home. Part information session and part creative process, the group will discuss and collaborate on a number of topics including;
- Natural building and tiny house ideas
- Permaculture basics
- Passive solar design considerations
- Planning, design and logistics for building and establishing a self-sufficient home
- Alternative technologies and options
- Understanding basic costing and budgeting
- Workshop ideas and logistics
The group will discuss questions such as:
- How to pick a good site and what is our ideal situation
- What tools, resources and groups can be accessed to reduce cost?
- What are fundamental values and what things can be compromised when looking to become more self-sufficient?
- What am I really looking for when I move towards greater self-sufficiency and off-grid lifestyles?
Participants will leave with a wealth of new information and a more developed idea to begin their journey towards practical self-sufficiency. Through visual and communication means, they will be guided into putting their ideas into a more workable step-by-step format for action.