This will be an interactive event with plenty to see, do, touch, taste and try. Watch skilful craftspeople display new and old skills, see great product & tool demonstrations, watch natural builders in action, get active in one of the many mini workshops held all over […]
What’s it all about?
Whether you’re someone who wants to sell everything you own and live in the bush, upgrade your house to solar, buy a farm and become self-sufficient, downscale to a low-impact lifestyle, learn new handcrafts and specialty skills, grow your own food, reconnect with nature, build your own natural home, quench your curiosity about off-grid living or simply have a fun day out with the whole family – there’s something at the festival for you.
Off-Grid Living covers a huge array of topics and lifestyles and this festival will open your eyes to them all, from sustainable retrofitting to re-wilding and everything in between. You will leave the festival feeling uplifted and inspired to make positive changes in your life, and with a few new tricks up your sleeve by getting involved in the interactive activities and workshops throughout the day. Learn new skills, discover tools from past and present, explore innovative new products and be part of a like-minded community who thrive off-grid. There will be so much to see and do, be sure to arrive early as this will be a FULL day of activities, demonstrations, short talks, market stalls and unique off-grid foods & entertainment.
The festival will celebrate 8 focus topics including:
- Bush Craft: Rewilding, nature connection, survival skills.
- Homesteading: Mending, making, preserving, cooking, fermenting
- Alternative farming: Permaculture, small holdings, animal care, gardening, land planning, smart water use.
- Sustainable Energy: Alternative technologies, solar, wind & hydro power, generators and pumps.
- Hand Crafts & Tools: Traditional crafts, leatherworks, woodwork, black smithing, shoe making, furniture making, up-cycling.
- Natural Building: Mud, straw, wood, stone, lime, hemp, timber
- Health & Wellbeing: Nourishment, nutrition, self-care, remedies, practices, treats, wholefoods and happiness.
- Community Living: Skill sharing, discussions, communal areas and like-minded new friends
See more here: What’s On
TICKETS ARE LIMITED
Tickets are limited to the capacity of the park and can be purchased online for just $12, be sure to get in early to ensure you don’t miss out. Tickets go on sale from 31st August 2017.
Festival date – 28th April 2018. Location – Eldorado, Victoria
This event is proudly brought to you by Creative Collectives Australia. Organisers of The School of Self-Sufficiency, Wolf Pack re-wilding adventure camps and creators of Hidden Valley Farm.
Connecting and educating people for a sustainable future.
WHY ARE WE DOING IT: Our events and activities are directed towards the practice and encouragement of –
- Happier, healthier lifestyles that are fun, active and collaborative
- Greater freedom for creative pursuits by increasing self-sufficient capabilities, thus reducing the need to work for others
- Building confidence through skill-building and making great new friends at workshops and gatherings
- Enhanced connectness with nature, people, food, seasons, culture and self
- Following passions, throwing caution to the wind and taking risks
- Lightening our footprints with regular small changes for sustainability
with support from the Centennial Park Eldorado team.